Thursday, August 5, 2010

EMPTY NEST?

In the year 2008 out youngest child graduated from high school and we became empty nesters.   A friend from our local quilt group had made a wall hanging for her husband to celebrate the landmark in their lives.  So I decided to try to make a quilt doing the same for my husband for Christmas.  I knew I wanted something masculine and I picked up a book that had birds in it that I liked.  I am not an artist by any means so I started by tracing or photocopying the birds from the book and cutting them up to make a pattern.






This is our son's family with his new little nest.  People asked what are you going to do when they have more children?  That was not the intent of my quilt, to keep a running family history, although I do think that would make a great quilt.    My quilt was a representation of our live in the year 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment