Thursday, August 5, 2010

HOLIDAY QUILTS

I have always wanted to make a quilt for each of my children for the holidays.  One for Christmas, Easter, Halloween and one for Valentines Day.  I have four children, thats 16 quilts!  I started a few years ago with a Valentine Quilt.  I had appliqued some harts for another project and had some left over.  That was the beginning.  Then I wanted to include some of the cute little notes my children had written each other over the years.  We have a tradition of putting a valentine box on the kitchen table the first week of February.  That gives everyone a reminder that the day is fast approaching and you had better start thinking about something to do for your loved ones!  I find that some people in my house need a little more reminding than others.  Then on Valentines Day we have a formal dinner that includes heart shaped meat loaf and red mashed potatoes! After dinner open the box.  So I have quite a collection of cards from over the years.  It was difficult to pick my favorite.  This is the end result!

No comments:

Post a Comment